Thursday, May 31, 2012

box o' princesses


This past weekend, I let the flaky artist loose.  And she had a blast. 


While I wish I could take credit for this idea, the project is the brain child of Lil Blue Boo and Stephanie Corfee.  I found these adorable dolls on Pinterest and immediately thought of my princess-loving niece, who turns five on Wednesday.

First, I did a little princess searching on the Internet.  The DisneyWiki is a fantastic site covering all things Disney, including descriptions of each characters’ personality, physical appearance, and background, as well as trivia.   Did you know Snow White is the youngest Disney princess and Cinderella, the oldest princess, has the most animal friends?

I used the site to help me sketch the princesses’ clothes, hair, and accessories on the wooden dolls.


Using a small brush, I painted princess outfits and hair.


With the help of a drill, a couple wooden beads, some wood putty and glue, I gave Cinderella and Tiana hair buns.



Using a teeny, tiny brush, I added details – eyelashes, hair highlights and low lights, jewelry. 


Then I printed out the background on cardstock (I’ll let my niece do the coloring) and attached the label to the box o’ princesses.


 Everything fit inside perfectly.


 A few more princess items, and my niece’s gift is ready for the party this weekend.


Happy Birthday, Jules!
One of my nephews has a birthday at the end of August, but I’m afraid he might be a little too old for the figures.  I’ll have to keep this in mind for his baby brother in a few years.  Star Wars, super heroes, Mario Brothers - the possibilities are endless.  My niece might be getting some more dolls at Christmas.  I just didn’t have time to include everyone – Alice in Wonderland, Mulan, Pocahontas, Tinker Bell.  I’d better stock up on wooden dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment